Cycling Tour Annaberg Lungotz
The base of our tours and camps is Pension Rohrmoser from Annaberg Lungotz, the beautiful and traditional Austrian House situated in the quiet rural mountain region surrounded by the forests and rocky peaks of the Dachstein West. The owners of the Rohrmoser Pension will take care to provide good accommodation and delicious breakfast.
- Arrival. Pick up from Salzburg airport based on prior appointment is possible, at an additional cost. Picking up from Salzburg airport is possible latest at 3 P.M. on day 1.
- Accommodation at Pension Rohrmoser – see the Booking Form
- Adjusting bicycles;
- Evening meeting – Presentation of the program, open discussions and welcome dinner from the House.
- We will begin our tours by completing a distance of 63 kilometers in a particularly beautiful area with a stop for a well-deserved coffee near the Gosausee crystalline lake.
- The total elevation gained today will be 1900 m.
- Slowly, we increase the number of kilometers travelled and at the same time elevation.
- We also change the scenery a little by approaching a route that will take us on a superb area to the surroundings of the city of Bischofshofen.
- We will stop for coffee near the ski resort where a stage of the famous ski jumping contest "Four Hills Tournament” runs.
- Total distance is 73 km and elevation gained 1800 m.
Today we have a great day: the climb of Postalm, considered one of the most spectacular routes in Dachstein West Region.
After having a deserved short coffee break at the highest altitude of our route we will carefully descend to the famous area of lakes: taking group pictures or individual pictures for our facebook page is a must!
After that we will reach the well developed touristic region of Bad Ischl riding our bicycles home for a well deserved rest after a difficult day.
- Total covered distance is 118 km with a total elevation of 3000 m.
- Yes, you are right: we had yesterday a difficult day. That’s why we have two options today depending on each of you:
- Either we become again children and enjoy of the summer beauties of Abtenau region including summer tobogganing on the Karkogel
- Or we pamper ourselves at Amade Therme enjoying the salty waters of the Thermal complex.
- In both cases we will …ride the bike to the chosen destination.
- First option means 31 km and gained elevation of 900 m.
- Second option means 38 km and 800 m gained elevation.
What is Included
- Accomodation and breakfast at Rohrmoser Pension – because ERC is not a travel agency the cost for accommodation will be paid directly to the pension on the arrival day;
- Welcome and good bye dinner;
- Guided tours in the specified region;
- Daily Energy Pack
- T-shirt and BIB Shorts from Road Grand Tour
- Possibility to rent Rose Bikes for a fee - see Bike rental;
- Secure bicycle storage;
- Washing and cleaning area for bikes;
- Free spare inner tubes;
What is not included
- Lunch and dinner, except the welcome dinner and good bye dinner;
- Drinks other than those for sports nutrition;
- Bicycle rental costs;
- Flight and travel insurance;
- Transfer from Salzburg Airport - can be arranged for a fee on the first day but with departure no later than 15:00 from the airport or from Salzburg.
Booking available starting with 2018-08-10.
The cost for accommodation will be paid directly to the pension/hotel;
Our partners for accommodation in Austria:
Europe Road Cycling is not a travel agency, accommodation and meals are the subject of a contractual relationship between you and the accommodation facility. We can help you with the reservation procedure at one of the partner accommodation facilities – see the booking form. Our recommendation is to choose one of these partner accommodation structures because they are located very close to each other and close to our tours departure and arrival point.